In early 2021 about 100 people gathered at a winery just outside of Harcourt. Djakitj Larr was an afternoon of food, performance and creative conversation that allowed people to connect and reflect, and generate ideas for building sustainable food systems on Djaara Country.
In this two part podcast Allie shares audio from the day and also an interview with the creators.
Djakitj Larr creative team:
- Jodi Newcombe, executive producer and director
- Sam Thomas, creative development, sound design, stage manager: animate objects
- Will Tait, co-producer, performer and MC
- Rebecca Phillips, creative development, performer, advisor on Djaara knowledge
- Charlie Ahrens, creative development, stage manager: inanimate objects
- Anna Knight, Bendigo City Council
- Alex Perry, Situate Dining
- Ira Barker, Murnong Mummas
- Mitch Boney, sound scape in performance